Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Dennis - 5 years later

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sac0sac's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, tomorrow marks the 5 year anniversary of the sudden death of DD. The band has changed, the music has changed - some say for the better. However, DD is still missed and loved by many. I sure wish he was here to share in the recent surge of success the Mike and the boys have been experiencing. I'm sure he would have been floored at the 30 night run at HOB.

    I raise my glass to you DD. We miss you and hope you're in a better place and enjoying better music that we're getting from most new bands down here.

    I promise to not take the important people in my life FOR GRANTED in honor of you! I'm sure Mike misses his friend the same way we miss the friends and family members we have lost. Five years later I still cant believe its true and I wish you were there on Mike's left this week as the shows wind down to a close.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was beautiful, man. Seriously.

    I hate to be a jerk after that, but I'm sure someone else will jump on it, so... It's actually been six. It seems like yesterday.
    The anniversary technically only rolls around once every four years- but we remember just the same.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Glenn Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2003
    Posts
    784
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, he will be missed, but the band is the best line-up that Mike Ness has ever seen musically chemistry speaking... RIP D.D.!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sac0sac's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OOPS! In my haste to get my thoughts together I did miscalculate and its been 6, not five years.

    As for the date, thats one of those tricky things. I've always wondered when people born on 2/29 celebrate their bday. Its not the 28th, thats too early. But, I guess technically today is wrong too. So, I dont know.

    I'm just glad there still is a social d for all of us to enjoy. This last month of shows has been great and DD is missed.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PainWillBeMyMotivation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2005
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by sac0sac:
    As for the date, thats one of those tricky things. I've always wondered when people born on 2/29 celebrate their bday. Its not the 28th, thats too early. But, I guess technically today is wrong too. So, I dont know.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">My friend Vince is a February 29th baby and back in 2004 we had him a huge "6th birthday" party complete with a cake with a "6" in icing and six candles. Ordinarily he celebrates his birthday on the 28th but it always carries over to the first anyway...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •